Hugh is the lead partner in our London office.
He is one of Ireland’s most experienced Funds, Debt Capital Markets, Structured Finance and Financial Regulation lawyers. He has been involved in the sector since Ireland’s development as a financial services centre.
Hugh has significant Irish law expertise in relation to finance and funds management and also for structures which combine debt and fund vehicles.
Key highlights include advising:
- UK managers and investment managers regarding impact, passporting and potential relocation to Ireland.
- Investcorp in connection with the establishment of Investcorp Management International Fund plc and its authorization as a QIAIF by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Investcorp in connection with their Harvest CDO platform.
- Brookfield Investment Management on the establishment of new sub-funds on its existing Irish UCITS platform.
- Burgundy Asset Management on the establishment of their new Irish UCITS umbrella platform in the form of an ICAV.
- Acting for DBRS in relation to Dilosk RMBS No.1 Limited which was one of Finance Dublin’s 2016 'Debt Capital Markets' deals of the year.