This privacy notice is issued by McCann FitzGerald (all references to "we", "us" or "our" in these terms refer to McCann FitzGerald). The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites.
This notice only sets out details of our processing of personal data in connection with your use of this website. If you are a client or business contact, please click here to view our GDPR Privacy Notice for Clients and Business Contacts.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Data that we Collect
We collect and process the following personal data relating to you in connection with your use of this website:
- Information relating to you that you choose to provide to us, such as your name, email address, employer, role etc.;
- Information that is generated in connection with your use of our website by our analytics tools, such as which pages you visit, how long you stay on them, and any previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used;
- Technical information that is used to assist in providing the website and our services to you, such as your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, device etc.; and
- Information about other websites that you may have visited.
In certain circumstances the information that is collected above is aggregated and anonymised. This aggregated and anonymised data does not contain personal data in relation to you, and may be used by us for various purposes in connection with the website and our business.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- providing you with our services;
- communicating with you, either in response to correspondence that you send to us via the website, or where you have signed up to receive updates from the website;
- operating advertising campaigns, including working with third parties to display adverts to you on those third party websites on the basis of your use of our website and to track the effectiveness of the advertisements;
- running our recruitment processes;
- improving and developing our website;
- generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of our website, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- carrying out research and customer satisfaction surveys; and
- establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
The legal bases on which we process your personal data are:
- where you have consented to our processing of your personal data;
- to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you;
- our legitimate interests in conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner, including to develop and market our business and to understand how our clients and prospective clients use our services. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms; and
- that this is necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recipients of Data
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to affiliates of McCann FitzGerald, including MCF Legal Technology Solutions Limited, MCF Digital Services Limited, HMP Secretarial Limited and McCann FitzGerald Listing Services Limited;
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- to third party advertisers to assist in the display of advertisements on third party sites and tracking the effectiveness of our advertisements; and
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this privacy notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
Requirement to Provide Personal Data
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data in connection with your use of the website.
In connection with the above we might transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area, including to a jurisdiction which is not recognised by the European Commission as providing for an equivalent level of protection for personal data as is provided for in the European Union. If and to the extent that we do so, we will ensure that appropriate measures are in place to comply with our obligations under applicable law governing such transfers. These may include entering into a contract governing the transfer that contains the ‘standard contractual clauses’ approved for this purpose by the European Commission or, in respect of transfers to the United States of America, ensuring that the transfer is covered by the EU-US Privacy Shield framework. If you would like to receive further details of the measures that we have taken in this regard, please contact us at email@example.com
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may occasionally update this notice. We encourage you to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you are not happy with the way we are using your personal data or how we facilitate your rights or comply with our obligations under applicable data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing email@example.com.
GDPR Privacy Notice for Clients and Business Contacts
For clients and business contacts click here to view our GDPR Privacy Notice for Clients and Business Contacts.