Peter has a legal advisory practice. He is expert in reasoning and legal research and problem-solving, legal risk assessment and management and statutory and other legal drafting. He advises on, researches and drafts reports on the legal and regulatory issues that arise in complex projects and transactions. These have included many of the key national and private infrastructure projects in the State in the past two decades (in sectors including transport, waste and energy especially) and numerous legal and regulatory compliance initiatives in the State, corporate and financial sectors.
Peter advises generally in administrative, corporate, commercial and corporate governance matters and in financial services law and regulation. Peter assists clients in formulating legal responses to crisis situations and drafts legislation for a number of State clients.
Peter, who holds a PhD in Law, also leads the firm's 13-member Knowledge Team including our departmental professional support lawyers and legal information specialists.
Key highlights include advising:
- A large number and wide range of Irish companies, and foreign companies with a presence in Ireland, on company and commercial law and regulatory matters and corporate governance generally.
- A range of city and county councils on numerous issues concerning the interpretation and application of legislation in all areas of local authority responsibility (including planning and environment, waste, transport and other services).
- Commercial statutory undertakings (such as ESB, Bord Gáis/Ervia, Irish Water and Coillte) on commercial matters, infrastructure projects, the interpretation and application of their powers and functions and corporate governance generally.
- Financial institutions (including AIB, UniCredit and Intesa Sanpaolo) in respect of legal and regulatory matters and corporate governance.
- In investigations into serious occurrences such as non-fatal gas explosions and fatal incidents involving transport operators (acting for the transport operators), as well as (in confidential matters) for statutory bodies exercising their statutory powers.
- Maynooth University on corporate governance and on certain legal matters generally.
- Regulatory authorities including the Central Bank and ComReg on a range of legal and regulatory issues, including (in the case of the Central Bank) drafting and supporting in the drafting of legislation.
- Statutory bodies (including the National Transport Authority, Transport Infrastructure Ireland, Dublin Airport Authority, the Road Safety Authority, the National Asset Management Agency, the National Treasury Management Agency and the Housing Finance Agency) on corporate governance, regulatory matters and statutory interpretation in respect of both their routine business and individual projects, including drafting legislation for some of these clients.
- The Society of St Vincent de Paul on legal and regulatory matters and its corporate governance.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below