An effective and efficient transport industry has a direct and positive impact on economic and social prosperity. Our industry leading expertise in this sector provides our clients with an edge as they face regulatory, economic and legal challenges.
We have a market leading transport focused sector team that covers all elements of transport in Ireland today, with a particular presence in relation to State authorities (including Transport Infrastructure Ireland, the National Transport Authority and the Road Safety Authority) involved in transport.
Considered to have the pre-eminent Aviation Group in Ireland, we act for a range of clients in the aviation aircraft finance sector including operating lessors, lenders, export credit agencies, finance lessors and lessees on all aspects of aviation financing in Ireland.
In the area of shipping, we continue to advise on the full range of shipping transport issues and act as legal advisors to domestic and international banks and vessel owners.
Given our experience and our clients, we have unrivalled knowledge of this area.
Tier 1 for Transport. McCann FitzGerald is highly active in the development of road and rail infrastructure projects, advising a number of state authorities on procurement, finance and construction issues. The firm also has a strong aviation finance practice.The Legal 500, 2021
The firm is particularly experienced in the area of transport, having being involved with all PPP transport schemes in Ireland over the last two decades and with a unrivalled wealth of specialised knowledge in all areas of transport.The Legal 500, 2021
The aviation team in McCann FitzGerald has superb strength in depth from partner level down. They are a team of problem solvers and working with them is a real pleasure.The Legal 500, 2021
Tier 1 for Transport. McCann FitzGerald is a market-leading firm when it comes to the transport field.The Legal 500, 2020
‘The team is extremely efficient and very much commercially minded while at the same time looking to protect the best interests of its clients.’The Legal 500, 2020
Key highlights include advising:
- AerCap in relation to its US$7.6 billion acquisition of ILFC from AIG, its US$2.6 billion bond issuance and the reorganisation and transfer of the majority of the ILFC fleet (approximately 900 aircraft) into Ireland. The deal was then the largest M&A deal in the aviation industry
- AerCap on the issuance of USD$1 billion senior unsecured notes and the application for admission of those securities to listing on the Official List and trading on the Global Exchange Market of the ISE in June 2016
- BBAM Aircraft Management LP as Irish counsel in connection with a $1.2 billion aircraft portfolio sale and securitization, dubbed ECAF I
- SMBC Aviation Capital in relation to its sale of $500 million of 2.65% senior unsecured notes due 2021
- The National Transport Authority on the restructuring of the provision of rural transport services, including the statutory framework, the direct award of services, development of a template contract and other procurement documents
- Touax Rail, a railcar leasing company, and TX Rail Finance 4 Limited on its purchase of a €56 million European railcar portfolio of 1,335 freight wagons
- Transaction counsel to Standard Chartered Bank/Pembroke on the majority of their most significant recent transactions
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland on the procurement of its two PPP Roads Programmes (involving 13 separate projects with an aggregate value in excess of €3 billion) and in relation to its general roads programme