Ian specialises in all aspects of the financing, leasing, acquisition, disposal and management of aircraft. He acts for many leading international lessors and also advises new market entrants in relation to the establishment of aircraft leasing platforms in Ireland. He regularly manages complex cross-border lease negotiations and acts for clients on sale and lease back transactions, portfolio acquisitions and disposals and aircraft repossessions. He also frequently acts as both transaction counsel and local Irish counsel to borrowers and lenders in relation to the secured financing of aircraft and advises on GATS structures and documentation.
Ian is a regular contributor on the subject of aircraft leasing on the Law Society of Ireland’s Diploma in Aviation Leasing and Financing.
Prior to becoming a partner, Ian spent time on secondment with a global operating lessor.
Key highlights include advising:
- Standard Chartered Bank / Pembroke Capital on a variety of instructions including multiple portfolio acquisitions, financings, disposals and cross-border leasing transactions.
- SMBC Aviation Capital Limited on a variety of instructions including aircraft sales, acquisitions, financings and a wide range of leasing transactions.
- a large number of aircraft lessors and a secured creditor in connection with the Irish examinership of Norwegian Air Shuttle and certain of its Irish incorporated affiliates.
- Bleriot Aviation Capital (a joint venture between JP Lease and Airbus) in connection with the sale and leaseback of a number of aircraft.
- Dynam Japan Holdings Co., Limited and Sato Aviation Capital Limited in connection with the establishment of aircraft owning platforms in Ireland, the funding of such platforms and the acquisition of multiple aircraft.
- a major global lessor in connection with the negotiation of joint venture agreements with other aircraft investors.
- a major global lessor in connection with a pre-delivery financing transaction and related sale and leaseback transaction for multiple aircraft.
- a number of clients in relation to the sale and purchase of private and business jets.
Select how you would like to share using the options below