Michelle advises on the regulatory framework for major infrastructural projects, guiding projects through to approval and defends judicial review challenges to consents/approval and administrative law decisions. She also co-ordinates "judicial review proofing" exercises for clients to identify any weaknesses in the decision making process and to address and resolve them quickly to ensure that any decision that issues would readily withstand challenge.
Michelle also acts in large commercial disputes primarily in the Commercial Court. In such cases, Michelle uses her vast general litigation experience to focus on the client 's objectives and to map a litigation strategy designed to achieve same in a speedy and effective manner and with all necessary conciliation or aggression as the situation requires.
Michelle also has considerable experience in guiding clients through Commissions of Investigation.
Key highlights include advising:
- A wide range of clients such as the Dublin Airport Authority, McDonalds, J&E Davy, Irish Life Assurance Plc in relation to contractual disputes/ landlord and tenant disputes.
- Galway County Council - advising on all aspects of the N6 Galway City Ring Road.
- Kildare County Council - advising on various major infrastructural projects through all stages of the consent process, including in relation to Development Plan issues.
- National Transport Authority - advising on the defence of various challenges against the NTA.
- Shell E&P Ireland Ltd in the successful defence of the several judicial review challenges connected with the Corrib Project.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland - successfully defending a number of judicial review challenges to various major infrastructural projects.