Construction and Infrastructure
Our Construction and Infrastructure Group is one of the largest specialist practices in Ireland, and we have guided our clients through some of the most complex and significant transactions of recent years.
In recent years, there has been an upsurge in demand from our clients operating in the Construction and Infrastructure sector. As our economy has grown, so too has investment in engineering projects, both public and private, particularly in the energy, technology, and transport sectors. The industry is now addressing a shortage of supply in the commercial sector, with a huge demand for the creation of further office space in Dublin, particularly in the wake of Brexit. There has been an increase in housing developments; both public and private, along with increased government spend in both healthcare and social justice initiatives.
Covering advisory matters and disputes, McCann FitzGerald is one of the top construction firms.The Legal 500, 2016
Our Construction team has have advised in almost every significant Irish construction project over the last 40 years. In the course of this work, we have advised leading public and private sector clients on a wide variety of projects, ranging from construction schemes to highly technical engineering projects that often have a strong project finance element.
We help our Construction and Infrastructure clients through every stage of the construction cycle, from procurement strategy, contract structures and negotiation of construction contracts through to professional appointments, PFI/PPP project agreements and development/funding arrangements. We also advise on risk management, problem solving and all forms of dispute resolution.
- Procurement strategy, including EU procurement issues
- Contract structures and drafting
- Drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, professional appointments, bonds, guarantees, collateral warranties and associated documentation
- Contracting alternatives, such as framework and partnering arrangements
- Risk analysis and management
- Bonds and securities
- Project insurance
- Project administration
- Strategic infrastructure development
- Construction dispute management, including litigation, arbitration, conciliation, mediation and adjudication and other ADRs