Richard is a Partner in the McCann FitzGerald Real Estate Group and has extensive experience in the purchase, financing, letting and disposal of all types of commercial real estate in Ireland.
Key highlights include advising:
- AXA Real Estate Investment Managers on its entry into a joint venture arrangement with Kennedy Wilson and the acquisition of a large portfolio of PRS, office and retail units through a series of separate investment transactions.
- Mapletree Investments in respect of its acquisition from Marlet of ‘The Sorting Office’ in the Grand Canal Docks for a reported consideration of c.€240m.
- Orpea S.A., a French company listed on Euronext Paris that is a European leader in dependency care and the largest care home operator in Ireland, in connection with the acquisition of three separate sites for the purposes of developing new nursing/care homes. Further advising Orpea in connection with the lease of its new Irish office headquarters.
- EQT Fund Management on the Irish aspects of its multi-billion acquisition of EdgeConneX and the data centres it owns.
- Carysfort Capital and its partner Angelo, Gordon & Co in their acquisition of a large portfolio of PRS units in different developments across Dublin.
- New Vision Alternative Strategies ICAV, an Irish fund, in respect of an off-market sale by it of a substantial investment property in a prime Dublin city centre location with Dublin City Council being the principal tenant.
- The sellers of the following prominent hotels: the Galmont Hotel, Galway, the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, Kilkenny and the Absolute Hotel, Limerick.
- London-listed Primary Health Properties on the acquisition of three primary care centres.
- SCPI Pierval Santé on its acquisition of a portfolio of four nursing homes.
- Apollo Global Management on the acquisition of Tullahennel wind farm from GE Capital and its subsequent sale to Greencoat Renewables.
- EMI - MR Investments LLC on its investment in the development of a biomass production facility at Kells in Meath and on its separate investment in a biomass fuelled power generation plant.
- Prime Living on its acquisition and subsequent sale to Marlet of a high profile site in Sandyford with planning permission for a student accommodation development of over 700 bed spaces.
- Vodafone Ireland in connection with the demerger of its mobile telecoms masts business.
- Lakeland Dairies Co-Operative Society in respect of its merger with LacPatrick Co-Op Society.
- Lenders in connection with the real estate aspects of property finance transactions involving large real estate assets in Ireland, including the financing of a number of large hotels, the development of an anaerobic digestor bioenergy plant by Viridian and the acquisition of lands to be developed for large scale commercial and residential purposes.
- The Collective on its acquisition of a site for the purpose of developing one of Dublin’s first co-living and aparthotel developments.
- Activate Capital on the financing of the development by Twinlite of a large build to rent scheme in Clongriffin, County Dublin that was sold by way of forward purchase to Tristan Capital Partners.
- Workhuman (formerly known as Globoforce) on its lease of its new European headquarters in Dublin.
- Brightflag on its lease of its new European headquarters in Dublin.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below