Jamie is a Partner in the Construction Group.
His work involves a mix of dispute and transactional matters, including residential, commercial and industrial development, infrastructure, offshore gas facilities decommissioning, social housing, hotels, offices, pharma, energy and process facilities). He advises developers, contractors, lenders, purchasers, tenants and consultants.
Jamie joined the Construction Group in July 2014, having worked in the construction industry prior to qualifying as a solicitor. In addition to the standard Irish contracts, Jamie has worked with contract forms such as JCT, FIDIC, LOGIC and NEC.
He also practices in the area of health and safety law. He was elected to the Health and Safety Lawyers Association of Ireland Committee in 2017. Jamie lectures on Trinity College’s Diploma in Construction Law and the Law Society’s diploma in Construction Law.
Key highlights include advising:
- Ballymore: advising Ballymore on the re-development of St. James’ Gate, known as the Guinness Quarter.
- The Housing Finance Agency: advising the HFA on the construction and development aspects of its social housing and third level accommodation lending.
- TSL Projects: acting for the design and build contractor in relation to a €110m warehouse and soft drinks process facility.
- Lioncor Developments: acting for Lioncor in relation to multiple developments, including Southern Cross Road, Cross Avenue, Merrion Road, Glass Bottle and the development and forward sale of Chatham House.
- Marlet Property Group: in relation to the development of numerous PRS Schemes, commercial retail and student accommodation.
- Collen Construction: advising the design and build contractor in relation to an EPC contract based on a FIDIC Silver Book for a 115MWe dual fuel generation plant.
- PSE Kinsale Energy: advising the operator in relation to the >€1bn decommissioning programme of the Kinsale Gas Field. The decommissioning contracts include the removal and disposal of Kinsale Alpha and Kinsale Bravo topsides and jackets, sub-sea infrastructure removal, drilling rig and equipment contracts, well-head removal, site clearance and other related contracts. Jamie’s works includes negotiation with Dutch, Danish, Norwegian and Scottish contractors, as well as advising on claims arising post-contract award.
Select how you would like to share using the options below