Projects and Infrastructure
Our team of specialists is recognised as the Irish market leader with many attributing this to our integrated offering including project finance, PPP/Projects, procurement, real estate, planning, environmental, employment, tax, energy and construction.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in advising both public and private sector interests across a large number of sectors including road, rail, education, energy, water, waste, leisure, justice and housing. We have been and continue to be involved in the vast majority of PPP projects in Ireland.
We act for various State agencies, sponsors, lenders, contractors and suppliers. Our broad experience advising the full range of market participants means that we are able to anticipate, and importantly to understand, issues and problems that may arise during the course of a project and find constructive solutions to them.
‘Sources praise the 'highly capable legal team with an excellent track record.’Chambers 2022
‘Responsive, thorough, flexible, reliable.’IFLR 1000 2021
‘A professional team from partners to graduate trainees - always respond to queries - actions always delivered to program e-mails, reports and advice always clear and in plain English.’IFLR 1000 2021
‘Tier 1 for Projects and PPP. McCann FitzGerald has a proven track record of advising on projects across a range of sectors. The team is adept at advising state bodies on the procurement of infrastructure, particularly transport projects.’The Legal 500, 2021
‘I found that it was most helpful to be able to deal with experts in each individual field e.g. property, planning, tax, procurement, etc.’The Legal 500, 2021
Key highlights include advising:
- Flagship PPP Projects including Poolbeg Waste-to-Energy, Central Criminal Courts and Dublin Convention Centre
- Gaelectric, advising on the project financing of its extensive on-shore wind portfolio and energy storage project
- Housing Finance Agency, advising on all matters including its lending programme to housing associations (for the provision of social housing)
- Macquarie, advising on the Grangegorman PPP and the soon to be launched Social Housing PPP Programme
- The Board, advising in relation to the procurement and construction of the New Children’s Hospital. The project (estimated development cost being in excess of €750 million) is the largest capital investment project ever undertaken in healthcare in Ireland
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland, advising on the procurement of the PPP Roads Programme (involving 13 separate projects with an aggregate value in excess of €3 billion) and in relation to its general roads and light rail programmes