Stephen specialises in construction law and acts for both public and private sector clients. He has advised on many of the most significant construction and engineering projects undertaken in Ireland over the last ten years.
Stephen is experienced in the construction, operation and maintenance of large-scale projects in areas such as agri-food and drink, data centres, transport, life science, water and energy. He also advises on contentious matters, representing clients in mediation, conciliation, adjudication, arbitration and court.
Key highlights include advising:
- Bank of Ireland in relation to a number of student accommodation developments.
- Castlepook Power Limited on the construction, operation and maintenance of a major wind farm (33MW).
- John Sisk & Son on a large number of developments including the construction of The Exchange, a landmark office in the IFSC.
- Linkedin on extending its office space in an existing building, including any planning and building regulation requirements arising out of the subdivision of the building.
- National Paediatric Hospital Development Board in relation to the construction of the New Children’s Hospital in Dublin.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland on various contentious and non-contentions issues regarding the construction and maintenance of the road network.