Construction and Engineering
Our Construction and Engineering Group is one of the largest specialist practices in Ireland encompassing both commercial and contentious expertise. Recognised by clients and peers as a market leader, we have advised on some of the most complex and significant transactions of recent years.
We give our clients expert advice through every stage of the construction cycle, from procurement strategy, contract structures and contracts negotiation through to professional appointments, PFI/PPP project agreements and development/funding arrangements. We also advise on risk management, problem solving and all forms of dispute resolution.
We have advised leading public and private sector clients on a wide variety of projects, ranging from construction schemes to highly technical engineering projects with a strong project finance element.
Known for its 'excellent service', McCann FitzGerald's team advises on an impressive range of developments, infrastructure and energy projects.The Legal 500 2019
Consistently outstanding practice boasting unrivalled strength in both commercial work and construction-related dispute resolution. Active across a range of areas in the Irish construction market.Chambers, 2019
“I've never come across another firm that has such a good understanding of construction law. The advice is always sensible, practical and relevant.”Chambers, 2019
“Many solicitors can draft contracts, but few can give sound, value-added commercial advice that assists in evaluating complex project risks in addition to the contract services, and that is what McCann provides.”Chambers 2018
We advise on the full spectrum of construction and engineering activities, including:
- Procurement strategy, including EU procurement issues
- Drafting and negotiation of construction contracts, professional appointments, bonds, guarantees, collateral warranties and associated documentation
- Contracting alternatives, such as framework and partnering arrangements
- Risk analysis and management
- Bonds and securities
- Project insurance
- Project administration
- Construction dispute management, including litigation, arbitration, conciliation, mediation and adjudication and other ADRs
Key highlights include advising:
- Central Bank of Ireland on the development of its landmark HQ in Dublin
- Global Student Accommodation, a global developer of student accommodation in relation to construction of four sites across Dublin
- John Sisk & Son (Holdings) in relation to a number of developments including Capital Docks (a landmark office, retail and residential development) and data centres
- National Paediatric Hospital Development Board in relation to the procurement and construction of the New Children’s Hospital, Dublin