Barrett advises developers, contractors, consultants, insurers and funders on a variety of construction-related issues. As well as core construction contract drafting and negotiation, he is an expert in the areas of professional indemnity insurance, dispute resolution and health and safety. Barrett has lectured on construction law at Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland, the Construction Industry Federation and Engineers’ Ireland.
Key highlights include advising:
- A large institutional investor in its development of a number of different significant residential developments utilising a number of different procurement methods.
- Leading multi-discipline construction consultancy on a variety of projects in the foreign direct investment sector.
- Boston Scientific on the construction of a stand-alone neurovascular facility in Cork including drafting the construction contract and appointments of design team members.
- Dublin Dockland Development Authority in relation to disputes regarding fire safety in the Longboat Quay development.
- HomeBond in relation to a number of cases taken against it by homeowners pursuant to the housing unit structural defect indemnity provided by HomeBond.
- Variety of Irish and international funders in relation to both commercial and residential developments.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below