Kevin Kelly leads the firm’s Construction Group.
He has advised private sector developers and public sector bodies, funders, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants in relation to contract structures and drafting, contract administration and disputes and entitlements, including at court, mediation, arbitration, adjudication and conciliation.
Kevin’s extensive construction practice is bolstered by his expertise in all aspects of public procurement law and projects which extends beyond the realm of construction and infrastructure and into the wider sphere of contracts with public sector organizations.
Kevin has written articles and lectures extensively on the areas of construction contracts and procurement. He has lectured on both subjects on the engineering degree course at University College Dublin and, for over 20 years, has lectured on the Diploma in Construction Law and Contract Administration course in Trinity College Dublin.
Key highlights include advising:
- LinkedIn on the development of a 17,000sq m approx. new office block construction in a congested urban area.
- Central Bank of Ireland on the construction of its new HQ at North Wall Quay.
- International student accommodation provider on the construction of new student accommodation in various centres in Dublin.
- Variety of Irish and international funders in relation to both commercial and residential developments.
- Contractors, consultants and sub-contractors on contractual arrangements and disputes including leading construction contractor on a variety of projects including in the foreign direct investment sector.
- National Paediatric Hospital Development Board in relation to the construction contracts for the New Children’s Hospital, Dublin.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland on a range of construction contract and procurement issues.
- Mater Campus Hospital Development Limited on the contract and procurement aspects of the Mater Campus Hospital development.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below