Hilary is a partner in the firm’s Finance Group, specialising in asset finance and leasing transactions. She has acted for many of the leading operating lessors, financiers and export credit agencies in the aviation industry. She has extensive experience of diverse international aviation transactions, including portfolio acquisitions and disposals, secured and unsecured lending, leveraged leasing, portfolio securitisations, aviation-related joint ventures and cross-border financings. Hilary has also advised clients on the acquisition and disposal of operating leasing companies.
Hilary is recognised in the IFLR1000 Women Leaders Guide 2022.
Key highlights include advising:
- AerCap in connection with a US$21 Billion Unsecured Bond Issuance to fund a portion of the cash consideration to be paid in the acquisition of the GE Capital Aviation Services business (“GECAS”).
- AerCap in connection with a 20-year joint venture agreement with Safran Aircraft Engines regarding Shannon Engine Support.
- AerCap Holdings N.V. on the completion of its acquisition of GE Capital Aviation Services.
- AerCap Holdings N.V. as Irish corporate legal counsel on a number of transactions including its acquisition from American International Group, Inc. of 100% of the common stock of International Lease Finance Corporation.
- BOC Aviation Pte. Ltd on the issuance of more than $807.9 million notes backed by lease payments on 24 commercial aircraft on lease to 21 airlines in 18 different jurisdictions.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States in respect of all Irish law aspects of the Ex-Im backed financing of five (5) Boeing 737-800 aircraft and one (1) Boeing 787-8 aircraft for Norwegian Air Shuttle.
- ORIX Aviation Systems in connection with various portfolio transactions.
- Aircraft Lease Securitisation Limited in connection with a USD$560 million re-financing of the Class E Notes.
- Sky Aircraft Leasing International Limited, as originator and S-JETS 2017-1 Limited, as issuer, in respect of a US$780m asset backed securitisation transaction.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below