Mark is Head of the Investment Management Group.
He advises a wide variety of clients who are engaged in the promotion and management of all types of investment funds, including UCITS funds, money market funds, ETFs, hedge funds, real estate funds, infrastructure/real assets and private equity funds.
He works with some of the largest fund managers in the domestic and international funds market, as well as with large institutional and seed investors, such as pension schemes, and many of the leading prime brokerage houses. Mark also provides advice on investment business regulation and financial services law.
Mark was formerly a member of the Council of Irish Funds and is currently Chair of the Private Equity Working Group and also Chairs the UCITS V Remuneration Group.
Key highlights include advising:
- Brookfield Investment Management on their range of Irish UCITS funds.
- Burgundy Asset Management on the establishment of their new Irish UCITS umbrella platform in the form of an ICAV.
- Causeway Capital LLC, in relation to the establishment and management of a new UCITS umbrella fund platform.
- HFR Asset Management, LLC in relation to HFR’s umbrella QIAIF managed account platform.
- Irish Life Investment Managers and AMP Capital on the establishment of the Irish Infrastructure Fund and investments made by that Fund.
- J&E Davy on a range of alternative investment funds, including property funds.
- JO Hambro on the establishment of a number of new sub-funds on its UCITS umbrella platform.
- Metzler Ireland Limited on all of their Irish funds which includes both QIAIFs and UCITS.
- Stellwagen Capital Limited in relation to the establishment of an ICAV which will invest in debt issuing entities that provide credit to aircraft leasing companies as a means of alternative credit to bank funding.
- Willis Towers Watson on the establishment of a range of QIAIF platforms, including a significant new managed account hedge fund platform, two new CCF QIAIFs and in relation to their appointment as AIFM and investment manager to Alliance Trust plc, the largest UK investment trust.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below