Rosaleen has 25 years’ experience handling complex and large scale commercial disputes across a range of sectors, specifically financial services, communications, pharmaceutical, aviation and pensions. Her commercial disputes practice focuses on cases with a regulatory, or economic aspect and encompasses investigations, statutory inquiries and enforcement actions. Rosaleen is renowned for advising stakeholders on complex disputes in regulated sectors. Rosaleen also has considerable experience of handling data protection and privacy disputes and anti-trust cases including state aid litigation and follow on damages actions. Rosaleen has litigated on behalf of clients in a wide range of different fora, primarily in the Commercial and Competition Divisions of the High Court of Ireland and before specialist tribunals. Many of Rosaleen’s cases involve a Pan-European or International dimension.
Key highlights include advising:
- Central Bank of Ireland across a broad spectrum of High Court actions and investigations.
- Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) in several Commercial Court matters and most recently in respect of disputes concerning access to critical communications infrastructure and funding of Universal Service Obligations.
- In follow-on damages claims for breach of competition law brought in the Irish courts following a finding of infringement by the European Commission.
- Aircraft lessors on complex and contentious repossession disputes.
- Various organisations on liability arising from data and privacy breaches.
- The Takeover Panel in successfully defending a judicial review action commenced by Aer Lingus challenging a decision of the Panel made in the context of the third hostile bid by Ryanair for shares in Aer Lingus.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below