We understand that the communications sector is defined by change. As technologies, applications and regulations evolve, our clients respond with new ideas, innovations and business models. McCann FitzGerald works with them to anticipate challenges, meet their legal obligations and achieve their commercial objectives.
McCann FitzGerald has unrivalled experience in this sector in Ireland. Our clients include major network, broadcasting and media operators as well as regulators and other state bodies. We also advise companies who are bringing emerging technologies to market.
We cover the full range of transactional, regulatory and contentious work, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, financing, joint ventures and access agreements. We also deal with statutory appeals, judicial reviews, competition complaints and regulatory compliance matters.
Tier 1 for Telecoms. McCann FitzGerald advises clients including fixed-line operators, mobile phone operators, broadcasters and regulators on a range of telecoms matters.The Legal 500, 2019
First-class team that is universally revered for its experience across all areas of TMT. Houses in-depth knowledge of the telecoms sector, acting for regulators and operators on high-profile regulatory and contentious issues.Chambers 2019
McCann FitzGerald is noted for its expertise in … merger control, particularly in relation to the telecoms sector.The Legal 500, 2019
The practice at McCann FitzGerald counts major domestic and international operators in publishing, broadcasting, TV and film, internet….among its clients.The Legal 500, 2019
- Irish and EU regulatory and licensing/authorisation requirements
- Interconnection and access
- Market reviews, dominance/SMP issues
- Network provision and roll-out
- Wireless spectrum allocation
- Property and planning law issues
- Contractual issues, including supply terms and conditions
- Consumer protection
- Data protection and privacy
- Information society legislation and policy
- EU audio visual policy, including television without frontiers
- Public service obligations and USO
- State aid