Doug advises on a wide range of matters including information technology, intellectual property, data protection, cyber security, confidentiality and freedom of information.
Doug has particular expertise in relation to the implementation of the GDPR in private and public sector organisations. He also has significant experience advising in relation to data protection breaches and data security incidents, from initial investigation and reporting to resolution.
Doug advises a wide range of clients in connection with complex commercial agreements, with a particular specialism in relation to agreements involving information technology and large scale outsourcing projects.
Doug lectures and provides workshops for clients and industry organisations on a number of topics, including obligations under the GDPR. He is also a trainer on PDP’s certificate course in data protection compliance.
Key highlights include advising:
- Hostelworld in connection with the development of its core standard agreements and terms and conditions, procuring IT services and GDPR compliance.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland in connection with its GDPR compliance project, the data protection implications of various projects, and freedom of information matters.
- TRACE Inc. in relation to the application of the GDPR to its anti-bribery due diligence services, including successfully lobbying for the inclusion of provisions in the Data Protection Act 2018 which are designed to facilitate the processing of criminal conviction and offence data.
- Cartrawler in connection with the development of its suite of standard contractual documents, commercial agreements and GDPR compliance.
- Vhi in connection with the exploitation and protection of its intellectual property, commercial agreements and data protection compliance.
- Grant Thornton in connection with its obligations under the GDPR and the implementation of its GDPR project.