Garreth is a Corporate Partner and has overall responsibility for our Company Secretarial and Compliance Group.
Garreth provides corporate law advice to some of Ireland's largest organisations and advises international clients on their activities in Ireland. His practice covers transactional work, such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and reorganisations, joint ventures and commercial contracts. He also undertakes advisory work, advising on private company law issues and corporate governance.
He has recently worked on transactions in the healthcare, telecoms and pharma sectors and on several multi-jurisdictional corporate restructurings.
In 2016, Garreth co-authored Mergers: A Legal and Tax Analysis (published by the Institute of Taxation) which was awarded the Norman Bale Irish Tax Review Article of the year.
Key highlights include advising:
- Sherry FitzGerald Group on the sale of the remaining 80% stake in its commercial property arm to Cushman & Wakefield. The deal was a complex 18 month transaction involving an intergenerational exit for twenty plus individual shareholders. The deal signed on 10 July 2018 and completed following CCPC clearance in July 2018.
- IMMAC Group, a German based fund, on the acquisition of the Beechfield Nursing Home Group.
- Bankinter S.A. on the acquisition of AvantCard.
- Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors on the sale of a minority equity interest in the ultimate parent company of Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors to a subsidiary of Assured Guaranty Ltd., a NYSE listed provider of financial guaranty insurance.
- Inischem on the sale to Uniphar plc of 15 community pharmacies which was signed in December 2018 and following CCPC clearance is due to complete in H1 2019.
- Royal Dutch Shell plc on the completion of the sale of shares in Shell E&P Ireland Limited, which holds a 45% stake in the Corrib gas venture, for up to $1.30 billion (€1.14 billion), to Nephin Energy Holdings Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board.
- The Turf Club and the Irish National Hunt Steeplechase Committee on the establishment of Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Company Limited By Guarantee which, with effect from 1 January 2018, is the new regulatory body for Irish racing.