Shane advises on commercial litigation and, in particular, intellectual property disputes. He advises international and domestic clients on patents, trade marks, copyright, design rights and data protection disputes, with a particular focus on complex patent disputes in the life sciences and technology sectors. He also advises on pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device regulatory matters. Shane is also a qualified Trade Mark Agent.
Key highlights include advising:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Ono Pharmaceuticals in Commercial Court patent litigation against MSD in relation to a patent protecting the use of anti PD-1 antibodies for the treatment of cancer.
- Gilead Sciences in Commercial Court proceedings against generic manufacturers in respect of Gilead’s rights under a Supplementary Protection Certificate in the field of medicines for the treatment of HIV.
- Fresenius Medical Care in Commercial Court patent litigation against Baxter in respect of a medical device used for dialysis.
- Hewlett Packard in Commercial Court patent proceedings against Memjet Technology Limited, including a jurisdiction challenge, seeking declarations of non-infringement of patents relating to print head components.
- Vodafone GmbH in Commercial Court proceedings against Intellectual Ventures seeking declarations in respect of FRAND obligations and abuse of dominance in the context of negotiations on standard essential patents in relation to DSL broadband technology.