7 June 2023
McCann FitzGerald LLP announces suite of new and extended family leave policies
Leading law firm, McCann FitzGerald LLP, has announced a number of new and extended family support policies for its staff of more than 600 people in Ireland.
The policies extend McCann FitzGerald LLP’s existing supports for maternity, paternity and compassionate leave, and introduce new supports for those undergoing fertility treatment or impacted by pregnancy loss.
Key changes to policies, which take immediate effect, include:
- An increase in fully paid paternity leave from 2 weeks to 8 weeks;
- The introduction of a phased return model from maternity leave, where employees can avail of a 3-day working week, increasing to 5 days over a 4 week period, without any impact on salary or annual leave;
- Fee earning employees returning from maternity leave will have reduced target chargeable hours on return;
- The introduction of paid fertility leave for up to 10 days in any one year to support both people undergoing fertility treatment and those who are supporting partners undergoing treatment; and
- New supports, including paid leave for employees impacted by pregnancy loss.
Commenting on the new family support policies, Stephen Holst, Managing Partner, said: “We’re striving to create a more progressive environment where everyone working at McCann FitzGerald feels supported both in their work and personal lives. Our people are by far our greatest assets, and these policies are designed to help balance work and family life, for all our employees, during times of change or challenge.
We also recognise that each individual will have unique circumstances, and as a firm we’re committed to tailored support for each one of our people as and when the need arises. I look forward to the ongoing work with our dedicated diversity, equity and inclusion team, to ensure we continue to meet the evolving needs of our people.”