Iain has significant expertise in structuring, establishing and advising on a wide range of UCITS/AIFs including structured products, hedge funds, ETFs, loan/credit funds, real estate funds, private equity funds and infrastructure funds. Iain has also practiced in a leading international asset management and investment banking business. He chairs the Irish Funds’ Front Office Steering Group and is a member of the Irish Funds’ ETF Working Group and Real Estate Working Group.
He advises major global fund promoters and asset managers, investment banks, wealth managers, family offices, custodians and international prime brokers in connection with their Irish authorised fund activities.
Key highlights include advising:
- A large pensions consultancy firm on the establishment of its master feeder QIAIF ICAV hedge fund global offering.
- A large wealth manager on the establishment of its QIAIF ICAV private equity global fund offering.
- An Irish “super management company” on successfully extending its UCITS management company licence to provide individual portfolio management to non-fund entities.
- Cornerstone investors and negotiating terms relevant to their investment in various types of investment vehicles located in various jurisdictions.
- Domestic and international lenders on their financing arrangements with various Irish funds.
- Fund promoters and insurance companies on the establishment of their Irish common contractual funds (“CCFs”) for both UCITS and QIAIFs.
- Investment banks on structuring requirements for launch of UCITS compliant fund strategies including CPPT strategies, commodity and CTA strategies.
- Irish management companies on all aspects of their legal, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- On the establishment of real estate QIAIF ICAVs.
- Structuring, establishment and advising on on-going management of a number of derivative based structured funds, exchange traded funds, third party manager fund platforms and fund of funds in Ireland for a large global bank.
- UCITS and AIFs on inward and outward fund marketing requirements.