Jim specialises in commercial property law and has vast experience of property deals and disputes with over twenty five years’ specialist experience in the property industry. He acts for multinational tenants, developers, banks, institutions, foreign investors, state bodies, industrial clients and local authorities and as such has a broad perspective on the issues that arise on large projects.
He has been involved in some of the most significant leasing transactions in the history of the state as well as sales and purchases of significant and landmark buildings.
Jim is an elected member of the Council of the Law Society of Ireland.
Key highlights include advising:
- Salesforce as tenant in the largest single lease transaction in the history of the State.
- Hines Ireland on the disposal of:
- Cherrywood Business Park; and
- a large residential development.
- Ascott (a Singapore-based investor) on its first major acquisition in Ireland, the Temple Bar Hotel.
- Castlethorn and Ballymore in the sale of multiple units in large residential estates in Adamstown and Portmarnock, Dublin.
- Hines Ireland in relation to the acquisition of a high-profile portfolio investment on Grafton Street.
- Irish Life Assurance plc on the sale of a 35% stake in the St Stephen’s Green Shopping Centre.
- On the sale of Whitewater Shopping Centre, the largest regional shopping Centre in Ireland.