A partner in our corporate group from 1992 to 2019, Paul is now a Consultant in an internal role assisting our corporate professional support team.
As a partner his work spanned the broad range of corporate activity, including mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganisations and corporate governance issues . He advised clients in the financial services sector and also acted for a variety of state and public sector entities.
Paul was a key member of the firm’s team which oversaw education of fee earners and clients on the Companies Act 2014 . He led the firm’s collaboration with the Institute of Directors Ireland on a number of company law handbooks for directors.
Key highlights include advising:
- Coillte on a range of matters including various investments in joint venture wind farm projects (including with SSE Plc in respect of the construction of a 105MW wind farm at Cloosh Valley and the Cullenagh wind farm with Bord na Móna).
- MetLife on various corporate matters relating to their insurance operations in Ireland, including a number of cross border mergers.
- Sisk Group including Sisk Healthcare on a number of acquisitions, inter-group reorganisations and a range of corporate law matters as well as business disposals.
- The administrators of Quinn Insurance Limited (under administration) on all corporate and governance aspects of the sale of this multi-billion euro business and related health care insurance business.
- Voluntary Health Insurance Board on a range of matters including its authorisation as an insurance undertaking and its acquisition of Centric Health’s 50% in the SwiftCare Clinics.