Ray leads our company secretarial and compliance services team.
He has many years of experience working in the provision of a broad range of company secretarial services to clients together with advising on all aspects of company law, governance and company secretarial practice. Ray is a member of the “Company Secretarial Practise” committee of the Irish Region Corporate Governance Institute (CGI) Council, and of the Companies Registration Office “CRO Forum” providing him with valuable insight into future developments and challenges coming downstream in the company secretarial area, and placing him at the forefront of interaction with key stakeholders, thus providing him with an opportunity to positively shape such matters.
Ray is a Fellow of the Corporate Governance Institute (formerly the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators / ICSA). Ray lectures on the Certificate in Company Secretarial Law & Practice, and Diploma in Corporate Law and Governance courses with the Law Society, and regularly provides updates and briefings on company law issues in conjunction with both the firm and the CGI.
Key highlights include advising:
- On the withholding of officers (directors and company secretary) residential addresses from the information publicly available from the Companies Registration Office;
- Rationalisation of group structures utilising voluntary strike off, members voluntary liquidation, and domestic merger;
- Directors’ duties, and steps directors should take to protect themselves in the discharge of their duties;
- Best practise in board pack preparation and board meeting performance;
- Changing & aligning financial year ends and annual return dates across groups;
- On committee terms of reference and group governance arrangements;
- Share capital reorganisations;
- Availing of Audit Exemption; and
- Disclosure of Beneficial Ownership information.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below