Aidan specialises in mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and equity capital markets transactions and on corporate advisory work. Aidan has experience advising on domestic and cross border transactions in a number of industries including the pharma/healthcare, tech, financial services, agri-food and drink, waste management, energy, logistics and betting and gaming sectors. Aidan has advised on some of the largest and most high profile M&A and equity capital markets transactions in Irish corporate history.
Key highlights include advising:
- Standard Chartered/Pembroke Group on its US$3.6bn disposal of the Standard Chartered Pembroke aircraft leasing platform to AviLease.
- MCR Group on its private equity investment by Freshstream.
- Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. on:
- its acquisition of a €6.5 billion performing tracker mortgage portfolio from Ulster Bank
- its acquisition of Ulster Bank’s €4.2 billion corporate and commercial banking division
- a number of directed share buybacks
- on the establishment by scheme of arrangement of AIB Group plc as the new holding company of the AIB group
- its €3.4bn Dublin and London IPO.
- Finance Ireland on its private equity investment by PIMCO and M&G.
- Beauparc Utilities, Ireland’s largest waste management company, on its private equity sale to Macquarie Infrastructure and on its acquisition of New Earth Solutions.
- Prodieco Advanced Engineering Solutions on its private equity sale to Agilitas.
- Ballytherm on its sale to Unilin/Mohawk-owned Xtratherm.
- Lucey Transport Logistics on its sale to DFDS A/S.
- Grant Thornton on its acquisition of a majority stake in regtech company Valid8Me.
- C&C Group plc on the sale of its Tipperary Water Cooler business to Waterlogic.
- Enva Environmental/Exponent on its acquisition of Rilta and ClearCircle Environmental Group.
- Lakeland Dairies on its merger with LacPatrick Co-op and on its acquisition of Fane Valley’s dairy business.
- North Cork Dairy Co-op on its mergers with Feale Bridges and Newtownsandes dairy co-ops.
- Fattal Hotels on its acquisition, with Pandox AG, of the Jurys Inn Group.
- Aurivo on its acquisition of My Goodness Shakes.
- Ervia/Bord Gais on its €1.1 billion privatisation and consortium sale to Brookfield, Centrica and ICON Infrastructure.
- Ladbrokes plc on its acquisition of Betdaq betting exchange and Chronicle Bookmakers.
- Issuers and underwriting banks on IPOs and capital raisings for AIB, Aer Lingus, Smurfit Kappa, Greencore Group, Hibernia REIT, IRES REIT, Hostelworld, Aminex, PetroNeft Resources and IFG Group.