Alan’s practice includes mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, joint ventures; corporate reorganisations and equity capital markets. He has extensive financial institutions experience having advised on a number of acquisitions and disposals in the sector and also on a number of large loan portfolio sales. Alan also has significant experience in the energy and natural resources sector.
Transaction highlights include advising:
- Amdocs on its acquisition of Openet, a provider of 5G charging, policy and cloud technologies.
- Irish Life Group on its acquisitions of:
- Acumen & Trust; and
- Allied Pensions Trustees.
- Irish Life Group on its sale of Irish Progressive Services International (IPSI) to FNZ Group.
- An Post (and the minority shareholders) in respect of the sale of TSC Ventures Limited (operator of One4All gift cards, an e-money licenced entity) to Blackhawk Inc.
- Barclays Bank plc on the transfer of the European branches from its UK authorised entity to its Irish authorised entity.
- The Irish Strategic Investment Fund on its investments in Finance Ireland Limited.
- Gore Street Energy Storage Fund plc on its acquisition of energy storage assets in Ireland and the Irish Strategic Investment Funds investment in the fund.
- ESB on all legal aspects of its establishment of a SIRO joint venture with Vodafone to deploy fibre to the building.
- Bord na Móna on its investment in a 50:50 joint venture with Coillte in relation to the Sliabh Bawn Windfarm; its acquisition of 50% interest in the Cullenagh Windfarm.
- Lloyds Banking Group plc on the sale of its Project Paris and Project Poseidon loan portfolios.
- Broadlake Capital on its sale of Merlyn Showering.
- Financial Risk Solutions Limited on its sale to Aquila Software.
- Google on its acquisition of Green Parrot Pictures Limited.
- I-Squared Capital on its acquisition of Viridian Group.
- Pfizer on sale of its manufacturing facilities in Pottery Road, Dublin to Amgen Inc and its biopharma manufacturing facility in Shanbally, Cork to BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Pepper Finance Corporation Ireland on its acquisition of GE Money's Irish residential mortgage servicing platform and mortgage book.
Select how you would like to share using the options below