We have extensive knowledge and experience in this sector and help our clients to navigate the legal aspects of all types of venture capital investments.
We work across the full spectrum of venture capital investments, from initial investments (including seed and angel investment) to interim convertible debt instruments to subsequent funding rounds (including series A funding and beyond). We also advise in relation to exits via trade sales and IPOs.
Our venture capital practice has a broad client base. It includes venture capital funds and corporate venture capital investors (both domestic and international), as well as founders and companies seeking funding.
"McCann FitzGerald has been instrumental in the survival and success of our startup. By being responsive, enthusiastic and supportive, we've benefited greatly from their counsel to bring us to a greater level of commercial and legal maturity."Chambers 2020, FinTech
The M&A practice also advises publicly listed companies on buy and sell side transactions. In private space it work for domestic companies on various sectors and private equity firms keep the team busy.IFLR 1000, 2020
"We find McCann FitzGerald's work to be excellent. The service is very much partner-led, and we find them to be very responsive and on top of each brief, leading to efficient and well managed projects alongside smooth continued relationships with counter parties."IFLR 1000 2019
Our team advises on issues including:
- Structure of relationships with founders
- Intellectual property rights
- Structuring the transfer of intellectual property from founders, universities and other third parties to the company
- Due diligence
- Tax planning and advice (including EIIS investments)
- Employee benefits
- Exit strategies
Key highlights include advising:
- VividEdge in relation to Enterprise Ireland investment. We advised Vivid Edge in relation to an investment by Enterprise Ireland from its High Potential Start Up fund.
- Roomigo in relation to Enterprise Ireland investment. We advised Roomigo in relation to an investment by Enterprise Ireland from its Competitive Start Fund.
- CreditLogic in relation to funding round. We advised CreditLogic in relation to an initial loan note funding round.
- On the sale of Barracuda FX to Broadway Technology. We advised the selling shareholders in Barracuda FX in relation to the sale of its entire issued share capital to US based Broadway Technology