Alan works on the tax aspects of mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, restructurings, migrations, capital markets, financial products and banking. He also advises both domestic and international clients on the tax implications of setting up operations in Ireland to exploit and develop intellectual property.
Alan also heads up our Betting and Gaming Group. As a former director of tax with Paddy Power Betfair Plc, Alan has significant first-hand experience of the regulatory and taxation aspects of the betting and gaming sector.
Key highlights include advising:
- Next Wireless Group, a global technology company focused on online sales of new and used electronic devices to consumers, on the Irish elements of its sale to Brightstar.
- Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. on its June 2017 IPO and admission to the official lists of the Irish and London Stock Exchanges.
- Gaelectric on its 2016 disposal of its windfarm portfolio to CGN Europe Energy.
- Greencoat Renewables DAC, an international renewables fund, on the tax aspects of a multi-faceted transaction involving its acquisition of two operational ROI wind farms.
- Numerous betting and gaming operators on the establishment betting (retail and online), gaming, exchange and lotteries operations in Ireland.
- Numerous Irish PLCs with managing tax in a multilateral environment including in particular; advising on best practice in terms of managing tax governance, assisting Boards with setting tax strategy, assisting with effective tax rate management, and advising on how best to manage tax risk including in particular compliance risk, structural risk and reputational risk.
- On the VAT and stamp duty implications of property transactions.
- PCI Pharma Services on its acquisition of Millmount Healthcare.