Our market-leading Employment Law Group delivers strategic and practical employment law advice to organisations, both national and international.
Our Employment Law Group consists of a team of highly skilled and experienced specialists, who advise on the full range of employment, equality and industrial relations issues. We work collaboratively with other practice groups, combining our leading employment law expertise with strategic and commercial insights to create innovative, integrated solutions to HR issues.
We have extensive experience in advising on all employment law aspects of complex and contentious disputes, investigations as well as corporate transactions, often with a cross-border element.
The ‘very user-friendly’ team at McCann FitzGerald has ‘very deep and comprehensive knowledge of employment law’ and ‘excellent strength in depth’.The Legal 500, 2019
Widely praised employment department with substantial experience within the team. Strong knowledge of employment issues within both the public and private sectors.Chambers 2019
One client praises the team's “fantastic work completed to a really high standard,” and appreciates its “sound, practical advice.”Chambers 2019
We advise on a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- Employment contracts, HR policies and procedures
- Digital workplace - technology use and social media in the workplace
- Data protection and freedom of information
- Confidentiality and IP protection
- Dispute resolution, litigation, mediation and arbitration
- Investigations and disciplinary process
- Whistleblowing and protected disclosures
- Remuneration pension and employee benefits
- Equality and discrimination - employment and in goods and services
- Industrial relations and dealing with trade unions
- Consultation - transfer of undertakings, collective redundancies
- Termination and unfair dismissal
- Health and safety
- Re-organisation and redundancy
- TUPE regulations and outsourcing arrangements
- Business immigration and employment permits
Key highlights include advising:
- AerCap following their decision to relocate its corporate headquarters from Amsterdam to Dublin, we advised on the significant transitioning of key executives and employees from Amsterdam to Dublin and all the related employee, benefits, tax and immigration law issues arising from the relocation
- Aer Lingus on all aspects of employment, industrial relations and pensions law relating to the resolution of the Aer Lingus IASS multi-employer pension scheme, one of the most complex in the history of employment and pensions law involving 15,000 members (active, deferred and pensioners)
- Hostelworld Group plc on the employment law aspects of its €225m initial public offering on the main market of the Irish Stock Exchange
- Retained employment counsel to major national and international organisations including VHI, Aer Lingus, AerCap, Boston Scientific, Fidelity Investments, MetLife, Mitsubishi and Pepper Finance Corporation
For more information on our Employment, Pensions & Incentives Group see here.