Our market-leading Employment Law Group delivers strategic and practical employment law advice to organisations, both national and international.
Our Employment Law Group consists of a team of highly skilled and experienced specialists, who advise on the full range of employment, equality and industrial relations issues. We work collaboratively with other practice groups, combining our leading employment law expertise with strategic and commercial insights to create innovative, integrated solutions to HR issues.
We have extensive experience in advising on all employment law aspects of complex and contentious disputes, investigations as well as corporate transactions, often with a cross-border element.
‘McCann’s offer a very professional and timely service. Their advice is always considered and practical.’The Legal 500, 2022
‘Every one I have dealt with in the team is friendly, professional and thorough.’The Legal 500, 2022
‘Super responsive, understand the “real world” within which we operate.’The Legal 500, 2022
‘Provide a very balanced view and are strong and confident in their responses. They never sit on the fence and provide me with very specific guidance to ensure next steps are clear and well thought out. Continuity in the team resourcing is a real plus for us as they understand our business and our approach to employment law.’The Legal 500, 2022
‘Team members are extremely responsive, knowledgeable whilst being practical in their advice.’The Legal 500, 2022
‘Widely praised employment department with substantial experience within the team.’Chambers 2022
We advise on a wide range of both contentious and non-contentious employment matters, including:
- Employment contracts, HR policies and procedures
- Digital workplace - technology use and social media in the workplace
- Data protection and freedom of information
- Confidentiality and IP protection
- Dispute resolution, litigation, mediation and arbitration
- Investigations and disciplinary process
- Whistleblowing and protected disclosures
- Remuneration pension and employee benefits
- Equality and discrimination - employment and in goods and services
- Industrial relations and dealing with trade unions
- Consultation - transfer of undertakings, collective redundancies
- Termination and unfair dismissal
- Health and safety
- Re-organisation and redundancy
- TUPE regulations and outsourcing arrangements
- Business immigration and employment permits
Key highlights include advising:
- AerCap following their decision to relocate its corporate headquarters from Amsterdam to Dublin, we advised on the significant transitioning of key executives and employees from Amsterdam to Dublin and all the related employee, benefits, tax and immigration law issues arising from the relocation
- Aer Lingus on all aspects of employment, industrial relations and pensions law relating to the resolution of the Aer Lingus IASS multi-employer pension scheme, one of the most complex in the history of employment and pensions law involving 15,000 members (active, deferred and pensioners)
- Hostelworld Group plc on the employment law aspects of its €225m initial public offering on the main market of the Irish Stock Exchange
- Retained employment counsel to major national and international organisations including VHI, Aer Lingus, AerCap, Boston Scientific, Fidelity Investments, MetLife, Mitsubishi and Pepper Finance Corporation
For more information on our Employment, Pensions & Incentives Group see here.
Select how you would like to share using the options below