Mary advises both domestic and international clients on all aspects of employment, equality and industrial relations law. She is expert in the employment law issues that arise from mergers and acquisitions, Transfer of Undertakings regulations, corporate restructurings, cross-border mergers, outsourcings and redundancy situations.
She provides counsel on all matters arising out of the employer-employee relationship and represents employers in contentious employment law disputes before the Workplace Relations Commission, the Labour Court and the courts including injunction proceedings.
Mary advises clients in relation to workplace investigations, confidentiality, restrictive covenants, social media issues as well as related privacy issues.
She has significant experience of advising clients in the financial sector on the Fitness and Probity Regime and on executive remuneration, having regard to the CRD IV rules and established regulatory environment.
Mary writes and lectures widely on all topics relating to her practice area and recently contributed the Irish chapter of “Global Legal Insights - Employment and Labour 5th Edition”.
Key highlights include advising:
- AerCap in relation to employment law, pension and employee benefits issues arising in the context of its US$7.6 billion acquisition of ILFC from AIG and on the significant transitioning of key executives and employees from Amsterdam to Dublin.
- Pepper Finance Corporation Ireland on all aspects of HR and employment law related issues.
- Sysco Corporation on the Irish employment aspects of its $3.1 billion acquisition of the Brakes Group.
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland and other semi-state bodies on a range of employment law issues and TUPE implications of several large scale outsourcing projects.
- Voluntary Health Insurance on a variety of employment related issues including re-organisation of VHI corporate entities and transfer of staff in line with necessary regulatory requirements.
Select how you would like to share using the options below