Our private equity lawyers have the expertise and experience to advise our clients on all forms of private equity transactions, from development capital investments to complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions.
We advise private equity investors, management teams and financial institutions across the full range of private equity transactions, with specialist experience in transaction structuring, acquisitions, equity and debt financing, recapitalisations, trade sales and IPOs. We offer a multidisciplinary approach, with input from our specialists in corporate, banking, employment, competition, property, intellectual property, information technology, tax and pensions law.
We also work closely with our colleagues in our Investment Management Group in relation to fund formation.
Standout group advising clients from a range of industries on acquisitions, divestments and investments. Knowledgeable of deals in the financial services, technology and healthcare sectors.Chambers 2020
In [the] private space its work for domestic companies on various sectors and private equity firms keep the team busy.IFLR 1000, 2020
Standout group advising clients from a range of industries on acquisitions, divestments, investments and establishing new corporate entities. Knowledgeable of deals in the financial services, technology and healthcare sectors. Highly experienced in cross-border mandates, working with the firm's offices in New York and Brussels.Chambers 2019
We advise private equity investors, management teams and debt providers on all forms of private equity transactions, including:
- Management buy-outs, management buy-ins and public-to-private transactions
- Growth capital transactions
- Portfolio acquisitions and sales
- Infrastructure fund transactions
- Real estate private equity transactions
- Recapitalisations and restructurings
- All forms of exit, including trade sales and IPOs
Key highlights include advising:
- Carlyle Cardinal Ireland Fund, L.P., Cardinal Capital Group Ltd and Carlyle Global Financial Services Partners II L.P. in relation to the buyout of AA Ireland Limited
- Doughty Hanson in relation to the sale of TV3 Group to UPC, a subsidiary of Liberty Global plc
- ECI Partners and the selling shareholders, and separately advising management, in relation to the secondary buyout of Cartrawler by BC Partners and Insight Venture Partners
- Exponent Private Equity in relation to its acquisition of Fintrax and a subsequent bolt-on acquisition
- Exponent Private Equity in relation to its acquisition of the Environmental division of DCC plc
- I Squared Capital in relation to its acquisition of Viridian Group
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners in relation to its acquisition of CJ Fallon
- Vista Equity Partners on its majority investment in Trintech