Gary is Head of the New York office of McCann FitzGerald.
Gary advises on complex corporate transactions including public and private M&A, corporate inversions, loan portfolio acquisitions, ECM, reorganisations, corporate governance and joint ventures. Gary has also spent several years in New York where he has developed particular skills in advising US and international clients on Irish M&A and the establishment of Irish operations.
Key highlights include advising:
- WestRock on its proposed $20bn combination with Smurfit Kappa to create Smurfit WestRock, a global leader in sustainable packaging.
- Coca-Cola HBC in its investment in and strategic partnership with Irish Drone delivery company, Manna.
- Azets in connection with its acquisition of Baker Tilly Ireland.
- Pfizer on the Irish aspects of its $11.6bn Acquisition of Biohaven Pharmaceuticals (NYSE).
- Beckman Coulter Life Sciences, a Danaher Corporation subsidiary on its acquisition of ValitaCell.
- Vista Equity Partners backed Four Winds Interactive (“FWI”), the leading provider of enterprise digital signage and workplace experience software, on its agreement to merge with Ireland-based Poppulo, the leading provider of email and mobile employee communication software.
- Pallas Foods-Sysco Corp, the global leader in food service distribution, on its acquisition of specialist wine, spirits and craft beer distributor, Classic Drinks.
- TA Associates on the Irish aspects of its acquisition of the leading ERP reporting and corporate performance management software company, The Insight Software Group.
- TA Associates on the Irish aspects of its $1.15 billion acquisition of Russell Investments, the asset management business of Frank Russell Company, from the London Stock Exchange Group plc.
- Grundfos, a global leader in advanced pump solutions and water technologies, on the Irish aspects of its acquisition of Mechanical Equipment Company, Inc (MECO).
- Sysco Corp on the Irish aspects of its $3.1 billion acquisition of the Brakes Group.
- PCI Pharma Services on its acquisition of Millmount Healthcare.
- Integra LifeSciences (NASDAQ) on the Irish aspects of its $1.045bn acquisition of the Codman Neurosurgery Business from Johnson & Johnson (NYSE).
- Dell EMC on the Irish aspects of its $145 million sale of Mozy, Inc to Carbonite, Inc (NASDAQ).
- WorkHuman (formally Globoforce) on a number of corporate matters including the secondary sale of shares to Intermediate Capital Group (ICG).
- EQT Infrastructure on the Irish aspects of its $2.5bn acquisition of EdgeConneX, a leading global data center provider serving the fast growing Hyperscale and Edge ecosystems.