Niall specialises in advising indigenous and multinational corporate clients on their activities in Ireland. He also regularly advises private equity sponsors and financial institutions in relation to acquisitions, disposals and restructurings.
His practice includes transactional work, such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and reorganisations, joint ventures and commercial contracts. He also undertakes a wide range of advisory work, advising on private company law issues and corporate governance matters.
He has recently worked on transactions in the pharma, technology, retail and aviation sectors and on several complex multi-jurisdictional corporate reorganisations.
Key highlights include advising:
- Luminate Capital Partners, a leading enterprise software focused private equity firm, on its strategic investment in Compliance and Risks Limited.
- Pfizer Inc. on all aspects of Irish corporate law in connection with its Irish operations.
- Parthenon Capital Partners in connection with the Irish aspects of its $900 million acquisition of a majority stake in international credit-rating firm, Kroll Bond Rating Agency LLC.
- PCI Pharma Services on its acquisition of pharmaceutical and healthcare contract packaging services provider Millmount Healthcare.
- Integra LifeSciences (NASDAQ) on the Irish aspects of its $1.045 billion acquisition of the Codman Neurosurgery Business from Johnson & Johnson (NYSE).
- EQT Infrastructure on the Irish aspects of its $2.5bn acquisition of EdgeConneX, a leading global data centre provider serving the fast growing Hyperscale and Edge ecosystems.
- Genesis on the corporate elements of its strategic alliance with Heston Aviation to create Heston Airlines, a new Lithuania-based charter and aircraft services provider.
- Vista Equity Partners backed iCIMS, the US-based cloud recruiting platform, on its acquisition of market-leading data science company, Opening.io.
- Sirius Aviation Capital on the establishment of a joint venture with an affiliate of Corrum Capital Management to purchase a portfolio of five aircraft from BOC Aviation.
- ORIX Corporation on the Irish aspects of its acquisition of a 30% shareholding in Avolon Holdings Limited for $2.2bn.
- Pallas Foods/Sysco Corp, a global leader in food service distribution, on its acquisition of specialist wine, spirits and craft beer distributor, Classic Drinks.
- Vista Equity Partners in connection with the Irish aspects of its acquisition of a majority stake in sales CRM platform, Pipedrive.
Select how you would like to share using the options below