Rory advises on a broad range of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital and joint ventures. He is especially experienced with M&A and equity fundraisings in the renewable sector. He also works on all forms of private equity and venture capital financing, from the funding of start-ups to the equity and debt financing of buyouts and all stages in between.
Rory is the co-head of the Start-Up team and has been a driving force in developing the Start Strong programme which is designed to nurture early stage start-ups as they navigate the many legal and other challenges they can face.
Key highlights include advising:
- Electricity Supply Board in relation to the joint venture aspects of its innovative fibre to the building project and JV with Vodafone Ireland.
- Five9 in relation to its investment in Altocloud as part of a $2 million funding round.
- Gaelectric Holdings plc on the sale of 230MW of wind farm assets to the renewable energy investment arm of the China General Nuclear Power Group.
- Intel Capital in relation to its investments in FeedHenry Limited, Powervation Limited, Altobridge Limited, Adaptive Mobile Security Limited and Swrve.
- The shareholders of Barracuda FX in relation to the sale of the entire issued share capital of Barracuda FX to Broadway Technology.
- CreditLogic in relation to a funding round with private investors.
- Coillte on the sale of its operating wind farm assets to Greencoat Renewables plc for an Enterprise Value of €281m or an equity price of €136.1m.
- Marubeni Corporation on its equity investment in Mainstream Renewable Power and its exit from that investment in September 2018.
- NTT Comware in relation to a $12m investment in Ubiqube (Ireland) Limited.
- the selling shareholders of Antematter IP in relation to the sale of the entire issued share capital to Contura.
- Banach Technologies in relation to a fundraising raised through the Employment and Investment Incentive Scheme.
- Worldnet in relation multiple funding rounds from investors (including ACT Venture Capital, Signature Capital and Enterprise Ireland).
- Aibl Technologies in relation to an equity investment by InReach Ventures.
- Gaelectric in relation to the May 2018 sale of Ballagh Windfarm Limited to BlackRock Renewables.