David specialises in IPOs and equity issues by public companies, public company takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, demergers and restructurings. He advises companies, boards and investors on corporate governance and shareholder-related issues, including the handling of contentious governance situations. He also counsels financial institutions and other market participants on regulatory issues, including market abuse, securities law and compliance matters.
David is a member of Euronext Dublin's rules committee.
Key highlights include advising:
- The issuer or the underwriters in many of the principal IPOs and capital raisings out of Ireland over the last 25 years including those for Allied Irish Banks, Applegreen, C&C Group, Esat, Datalex, DEPFA Bank, Hibernia REIT, IPL Plastics, Kenmare Resources, Independent News & Media, Petroceltic, Ryanair, Smurfit Kappa and Telecom Éireann.
- On many of the most significant takeovers of Irish quoted companies including AbbVie/Allergan, IAG/Aer Lingus, Chiquita/Fyffes, Activision/King Digital, Mylan/ Perrigo, BAE Systems/Norkom, Cemex/Readymix, CR Bard/Clearstream, Optimal/FireOne, Bank Of Ireland/New Ireland, Hypo/DEPFA, Stoneworth/Fitzwilton, and Avnet/Horizon Technology.
- On some of the most complex and significant corporate restructurings in Ireland including those of Kenmare Resources; Allied Irish Banks; IPL Plastics; Independent News & Media and eircom.
- A wide range of private equity and other participants on M&A matters, including advising Bain Capital, Doughty Hanson, KPS Capital Partners, Oaktree Capital, Third Point and Spectrum Equity Partners.
- Companies, boards and investors on corporate governance and shareholder-related issues, including the handling of takeover defence and contentious governance and activist issues.
- The Irish Takeover Panel on its establishment in 1997 and on an ongoing basis on amendments to and interpretation of its rules and on review of its procedures.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below