Gill specialises in equity capital markets and in particular IPOs and equity issues by public companies. She also advises on private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings and general corporate law and governance issues. Gill has been involved in several high-profile transactions in the Irish market and regularly acts for leading Irish and international clients. Gill has also advised on a broad range of mergers and acquisitions particularly in the Agri-Food and Drinks, Real Estate, Travel and Leisure and Betting and Gaming sectors.
Key highlights include advising:
- Beauparc Utilities Holdings, Ireland’s largest waste management company, and its shareholders, Eamon Waters, Blackstone and Beauparc management, on its 2021 sale to Macquarie.
- CarTrawler in relation to the controlling equity investment in CarTrawler by TowerBrook Capital Partners L.P, announced on 19 May 2020.
- New York Stock Exchange-listed Endava PLC on the Irish aspects of its €60 million acquisition of Comtrade Digital Services (CDS), formerly a division of Comtrade Group B.V., announced in August 2020.
- AbbVie Inc. on its recommended acquisition of Allergan plc in a cash and stock transaction valued at $63 billion.
- Enva Environmental Group/Exponent on its 2019 acquisition of Rilta and ClearCircle Environmental Group and on its disposal of certain assets.
- Ireland Strategic Investment Fund on its investment of up to €50m in Aqua Comms (the operator of Ireland's first dedicated subsea fibre-optic network interconnecting New York, Dublin and London).
- Allied Irish Banks, p.l.c. on its IPO and subsequent establishment of AIB Group plc in 2017 as the new holding company of AIB Group listed on the Irish and London Stock Exchanges.
- Advising issuers, underwriters and international investment banks on several high profile IPOs and equity issuances including for Hostelworld plc, Greencore Group plc, Kenmare Resources plc, Permanent TSB Group plc, Aminex plc, Irish Residential Properties REIT plc and Hibernia REIT plc.
- On various acquisitions of landmark hotels in Ireland, including Fattal Hotels (Israel's largest hospitality organisation) €800 million acquisition with Pandox AG of the Jurys Inn Group assets in 2017; Ascott (a Singapore-based hotel operator) on its €55 million acquisition of the Temple Bar Hotel in 2017; and the 2013 sale of the Powerscourt Hotel to Brehon Capital Partners.
- Lakeland Dairies on its 2016 acquisition of the dairy business of Fane Valley and on its 2015 acquisition of UK based Taste Trends Limited, Europe's largest manufacturer of frozen ice-cream.
- Aurivo on its 2016 acquisition of UK nutrition company My Goodness Shakes.
- CarTrawler on its €450m sale in 2014 to private equity firms BC Partners and Insight Ventures.
- Exponent Private Equity LLP on its €170m acquisition of the Fintrax Group in 2012 and its subsequent acquisition of Tax Free Worldwide Services Limited in 2013.
- Ladbrokes plc in 2013 on its €36m acquisition of BETDAQ and Chronicle Bookmakers Limited.
Share this post
Select how you would like to share using the options below