Tony advises clients on the structuring and establishment of every type of Irish fund, particularly in the alternative fund sector. He provides advice on the regulatory and structural issues related to the establishment process of investment funds, including alternative investment funds, UCITS (using both traditional and alternative strategies) and structured products.
As head of our Listing Department, Tony is an expert in the listing of debt and derivative securities and investment funds on the Irish Stock Exchange.
Tony is the Chair of the AIFMD Working Group of Irish Funds, the Irish funds industry association.
Key highlights include advising:
- AerCap in connection with a US$21 Billion Unsecured Bond Issuance to fund a portion of the cash consideration to be paid in the acquisition of the GE Capital Aviation Services business (“GECAS”).
- Investcorp Credit Management EU Limited in connection with the establishment of two Irish investment funds that were authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland as qualifying investor alternative investment funds (QIAIFs).
- MS Amlin on the establishment of their UCITS umbrella unit trust.
- HFR Asset Management on their umbrella QIAIF and their umbrella UCITS fund, which have launched more than 20 sub-funds and have a total net asset value of nearly US$0.75 billion.
- Marathon Asset Management on the establishment of Marathon’s QIAIF, which was the first Irish fund to be established with the ability to create side pockets.
- Coupland Cardiff on-going Irish legal and regulatory advice to the fund, particularly in respect to launching new products and share classes and negotiating service agreements with service providers.
- AerCap in connection with two unsecured bond issues valued at $1billion each which were listed on the Global Exchange Market of the Irish Stock Exchange.