9 May 2019
McCann FitzGerald advises on Seven “Deals of the Year” at the Airfinance Journal Awards 2018
McCann FitzGerald’s Global Aviation Finance practice has been recognised for its role in seven “Deals of the Year” at the Airfinance Journal Awards 2018 during the 2019 Airfinance Journal North America Conference held in New York on 2 May.
The seven award winning deals on which the firm advised are:
- Overall Deal of the Year: ORIX Aviation’s $2.2bn acquisition of a 30% stake in Avolon
- Europe Deal of the Year: Nordic Aviation Capital’s $227m Jolco financing for 12 Embraer 190s
- Middle East & Africa Deal of the Year: Ethiopian Airlines’ $670m AFIC supported financing for eight Boeing aircraft
- Used Aircraft Deal of the Year: Air Canada’s 25 Embraer 190 sale and leasebacks
- M&A Deal of the Year: Goshawk Aviation/Sky Leasing acquisition and $900m unsecured financing
- Editor’s Deal of the Year: Fly Leasing’s & Incline’s 84-aircraft portfolio acquisition
- Lessor Treasury Deal of the Year: BOC Aviation’s 2018 fundraisings
See here for more information on our Aviation Finance team.